Sand Point Country Club is seeking a Club Controller!
The Controller is a key member of the executive team and a leader in executing the financial strategies and goals of the club. We are looking for a dynamic individual that desires active engagement with the Club’s staff, membership and governance groups. Our environment invites the controller to have innovation, active participation and broad involvement in all areas of the operation.
- Work with General Manager to develop financial strategy for the Club:
- Cash management.
- Banking relationships
- Debt/Equity planning.
- Long and short term planning
- Profit and return on investment goals * Financial performance communications:
- Develop/maintain financial reporting model which communicates operating results and other information necessary for executive decision making
- Discuss expense control information with department managers and supervisors. Utilize variance-reporting methodology.
- Maintain sound communications and relationships with third party providers. * Responsible for all accounting systems and financial control:
- Monthly financial statements.
- General Ledger, ALM Management
- Income tax returns (with outside CPA firm)
- Budgeting, Projections & Forecasting
- B&O / Excise / Property Tax Returns
- Expense control & reduction, Internal control procedures & systems
- Work with General Manager and Department Managers to prepare annual operating and capital budgets
- Monitor and report progress against budgets * Accounting staff recruitment and development to foster growth and development:
- Communicate company value/culture as defined and agreed upon by the General Manager
- Coaching, Training: ensure employees receive appropriate cross training
- Set performance standards, conduct formal performance reviews, and provide day-to-day performance feedback, manage unsatisfactory performers to higher levels; replace if necessary * Serve as member of the management team:
- Participate in the development of company policy
- Participate in short and long range planning
- Participate in major goal setting for the company
- Participate in design and implementation of the corporate culture
- Participate in systems planning and priority setting for the entire company
- Participate in preparation and challenging of the budget
- Participate in definition and implementation of service excellence * Goal Performance and accountability:
- Stay current with changing regulations and trends within finance, accounting, and HR * Develop and manage relationships with:
- Outside CPA firm for federal tax work, audits/reviews, and GAAP issues
- Insurance brokers for business property & liability, E&O, D&O, and health insurance policies
- Responsible for computer network maintenance:
- Work with outside IT firm to maintain network
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware & software problems
The Controller position is Full-Time, Salaried/Exempt and eligible for a full array of Benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year