Senior Information Scientist
Full-time, contracted term of 4 months with potential for extension
-Retrieve and analyze high quality data from commercial medical, science and business online and web-based databases for a diverse internal customer base as well as legal department with unique and complex information requirements.
-Provide critical information with a direct influence on R&D business decisions.
-Handle confidential information requests within strict timelines and interact with key decision makers and upper management in local and global groups.
-Identify, evaluate, and implement new information sources, databases, applications and techniques with focus on text and data mining for project leaders and management.
-Analyze site information training needs and direct the development and implementation of all end-user training programs needed to teach users how to search a variety of complex desktop electronic resources. Design and prepare all instructional materials for end-users
- Manage end-user electronic database services, new database product trials and product implementation library information systems collection management services and proprietary information services.
- Partner with vendors/suppliers to customize solutions and programs for database access and use in computer network environment.
- Serve as information management consultant to departments seeking solutions for optimum ways of monitoring scientific literature, real-time news, and for determining best database sources to meet their critical information needs.
- Monitor current developments in information science and technology and/or other subject specialties and pursue a program of personal/professional development to improve skills in these areas.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers to ensure an understanding of their business goals and scientific objectives. Determine how published and proprietary information projects relate to client's vision.
- Participate in and take senior role in site and international cross-functional teams.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $57.43 /hour