- Inspect Job Sites
- Liaison between Company and Client
- Manage Subcontractors
- Find and train additional subs as needed
- Manage and post job permits
- Must not be afraid of walking on roofs
- Client Management during construction process
- Full charge QC Manager
- Full charge Safety Manager
- Full charge budget enforcement
- Hot Shot Material Pick Up & Delivery
- This is an Independent Contractor 1099 position
- Know how to be friendly to subs but not friends
The Pay & Benefits
This position is an independent Field Inspector.
- Base pay during training – 2 weeks only - $600/week
- Weekly Retainer $1,000.00, plus...
- Volume Bonus of 1% of weekly collections (usually $400 to $900), plus...
- Meal Allowance if Traveling...
- Supers with newer-model white trucks, that allow us to wrap the truck with logo and branding, earn monthly auto allowance ($200.00 - mo)
- Bonuses based on customer reviews ($75 to $200 - week)
- We pay weekly with one week in arrears.
- We provide Hotel & Lodging (NOT a housing allowance) when traveling out of local area.
- We provide fuel & toll cost to go to a storm (1 way).
- We DO NOT provide lodging for spouses, children or pets. Most lodging arrangements require double occupancy with a team mate.
- We offer access to a group health insurance plan.
- We use state-of-the-art software and support systems for field staff.
- We provide business cards, shirts, jackets and other useful tools.
- Time off is generally negotiated based on many factors such as distance from home, marital and family demands, time on the job, time of the year, severity of storm conditions, etc.
The following are required: (We can assist you in acquiring any of these items with a short term loan for the exception of the truck and ladder rack.)
- 5 years experience managing construction jobs
- Your own pick-up truck with a ladder rack
- Auto Insurance with current inspection sticker.
- One story Ladder – Like a “little giant” fold-up or small extension ladder
- Two Story Ladder – 32’ for second story applications
- Cougar Paws – or other roof climbing foot-wear
- Roof “Goat” - for accessing steep roofs
- Smart Phone with Data Plan
- Worker’s Comp & General Liability Insurance
- Android Tablet (Apple causes issues with software)
- Clean background check. (7years spotless required – some issues older than 10 years can be discussed or other minor issues less than 7 years old).
- Willingness to travel
- No exposed tattoos on face, hands or below the elbow.
- Get OSHA 10 hr card within 90 days of hire
The following are pluses but not required:
- 2 Year of College
- Roofing Sales or Management
- Siding Knowledge or Install Experience
- Speak Spanish
American Empire General Contracting is a growing and energetic Construction company that specializes in one type of construction: insurance claim work. We go were the work is, usually where a storm has left a trail of damage in its path: Hail, Wind, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Floods, Fires. You name the peril and we are there to respond, to fight for the customer and to stand up to the insurance carriers, to get the customer what they should get; a fair and full settlement of the claim.
- Offices & Licenses in 6 states
- BBB – A+ rating
- Home Advisor – 4.5 Star Rating
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year