Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Provides exceptional service to patients and supports technologists and radiologists in the performance of radiological procedures. Ensures patient safety and comfort, correct positioning of patients for exams, accuracy of records, charges, and timely work flow.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enter call back information on to the call log; check reports to verify call back sheet information.
- Call patient to schedule any additional imaging, follow-up calls and tracking as needed.
- Assist technologist with patient care by greeting and escorting patients to and from changing and exam rooms.
- Stock and prepare radiologic rooms for exams. Empty laundry bags and put away clean laundry; Clean and stock dressing rooms.
- Burn CD's, maintain film tracking and pull previous film requests and maintain film tracking as needed.
- On occasion may need to confirm biopsy patients and follow-up calls post biopsy.
- Prepare tables and equipment for examinations.
- Monitor patient flow and daily schedule to include pulling jackets and matching paper work; Scanning in mammography screeners, and outside reports etc.
- Communicate with the front desk staff and patients regarding any potential delays.
- Prepare injections and intravenous fluids under the supervision of the technologist, observe patients' reactions and respond effectively to ensure patient safety; Set up exam table and position patients accordingly on table.
- Ability to safely stay with patient during MRI exams if necessary (site specific).
- Weekend hours required on rotating schedule.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast paced, high volume environment is required
- Strong typing skills desired
- Bi-lingual skills are helpful
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Graduate of Medical Office Assistant Program preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.