Our company is looking for a Purchasing Manager who can analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. Our Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing our Purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on the company's procurement objectives and sales projections for the coming year and setting career objectives for each member of the purchasing team. This individual evaluates and identifies suppliers, builds an effective preferred supplier strategy, manages the strategic relationships with suppliers, actively manages supplier performance, and delivers year-over-year cost savings. The Purchasing Manager will report into a group function, ensuring corporate policies are deployed at the site and compliance to government and customer flow-downs is assured.
- Hires, manages and mentors a dynamic team of purchasing professionals
- Manage the company's day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards
- Purchases of goods, materials, and services to meet and support production and engineering demand
- Manage performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, cost reduction, supplier lead times, material shortage elimination, improve supplier relationships and conduct key supplier business reviews
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Strategically develop, lead and implement site product development commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization, negotiating supplier agreements, managing supplier and vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies
- Work closely with site-level procurement, engineering, quality, operations, and program management personnel to influence technical design decisions to meet expectations, technical capabilities, business objectives, and to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience
- 7+ years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization within Aerospace or similar technology / industry
- Good understanding of display products for military vehicles (vetronics) and military & commercial aircraft (avionics)
- Knowledge of environmental and optical requirements of highly specialized Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Displays (AMLCD)
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Ability to coordinate business unit priorities involving cross functional efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
- Understanding of key procurement KPIs, operating systems and early warning systems
- Expertise with various procurement systems, tools and productivity measures
- Self-starter who works independently with ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated experience seeing through strategy, execution and delivery of measurable results
- Project or Program management skills
- Functional knowledge of ERP (preferably Oracle) systems
- Analytics and problem solving skills (proficient with Excel)
- eSourcing experience (eAuctions, eRFX)
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Business and financial acumen. Knows how to make a compelling business case.
- Collaborative and teaming orientation
- Leadership impact with execution and results orientation
- Knowledge of various cost models (should cost), and related indices
- Supplier reduction, consolidation and supply chain simplification skills
- Proactive and situational management
- Strong abilities in engaging people and aligning strategies with positive influence and credible business cases
- Certification from the Next Level Purchasing Association
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about what it's like working at Mercury, visit the Mercury Community or find answers to general questions at Mercury FAQs
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Click here read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled