- High school or equivalent diploma
- Active and unrestricted in-state Board of Pharmacy License (This includes Pharmacy Technician, Trainee,
and Assistant Licenses)
- 6+ months of experience working with computer and web based tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisor. Ability to read and understand English
language labelling on product cartons and prescription labels.
No pharmacy licensure? No problem! We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who are interested in becoming Pharmacy Technicians. We provide all the necessary training and will guide you through the licensure process. Apply to this requisition to connect with our Community Engagement Program Manager and we will assist you in getting licensed!
Once Licensed to practice as a Pharmacy Technician in Indiana, you will be able to apply for our Licensed Pharmacy Technician Role.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will play an essential role in empowering our customers to take their medications
correctly and achieve better overall wellness. Our pharmacy features a casual dress code in a non-retail facing environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescription items, as permitted by the state board of pharmacy
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Work daily with Leadership to ensure the right medications are put in the right packets
- Run automated machinery required to pre-sort and package medications
- Fill exception trays with appropriate medication
- Transition orders through different workflow stages from initial dispense through quality control
- Count and fill prescription vials and affix labels on bulk prescription items
- Pack and ship completed orders including printing and affixing appropriate labels on dispenser, shipping
- Sort and triage the right boxes to ship at the right time
- Aid the distribution manager and distribution pharmacists with receiving, shipping, counting, and packing
- Clean, and help maintain, equipment and work areas
- Package medications for dispensing and for delivery
- Work a flexible schedule - shifts will possibly start and end outside of normal business hours
During shifts last up to 12 hours (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts
- Standing, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching and/or stretching
- Lifting and moving products up to 49 lbs in weight
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Phoenix, AZ, USA
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or NHA)
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and identify patient medications
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting
standards for productivity and quality
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran
status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.