- Project Management
- Project Management Software
Metro Green Construction, an Atlanta-based Commercial General Contracting company, has an opening for an Assistant Project Manager. The ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, experience with CMiC (or comparable Project Management software), and at least 5 years experience working on projects valued between $5 and $40 Million.
Project Set Up:
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work. Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM.
- Develop a project submittal log and obtain designer’s approval.
- Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.
- Ensure contracts, insurance, and bonds are current and received before subcontractor performs any work on site. Follow up on collection of all non-received documents and escalate any issues to the PM.
- Prepare all project meeting agendas and associated attachments as directed by the PM.
- Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams members as appropriate.
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s) with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials. Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications.
- Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Review for completeness and include in project documentation. Inform PM of deficiencies.
- Collect subcontractor changes for review by the PM.
- Execute payment applications.
- Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Review and code invoices. Check for accuracy and compare to cost to complete forecast.
- Distribute all punchlists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punchlist work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Assemble the close out documents and address non-compliant subcontractors directly for compliance.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Project Management Software: 3 years (Required)
- General Contracting: 5 years (Required)