- Digital Marketing
- Social Media Management
We are looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our team in Cambridge, MA, in the heart of Kendall Square. Working as part of the Digital Marketing Team, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the successful execution of edX social media strategies. The ideal candidate will be digital-savvy and have 2+ years experience executing marketing and content campaigns across major social media channels.
- Own execution of social media strategies and collaborate with marketing and stakeholders across the organization to craft compelling content to drive social engagement and high quality enrollments to edX.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated and maintained consistently, and that customer inquiries are dealt with quickly, calmly and effectively.
- Develop and design content as well as work with the Experience and external teams on the graphic designs and copy to support digital content.
- Collaborate with other teams within Marketing to run effective cross-channel campaigns
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activity in the social and digital space to adapt and modify short- and long-term programs as needed in alignment with company objectives.
- Monitor current news to provide relevant and timely social media posts.
- Build, update and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and potentially additional channels
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread edX brand, content and links.
- Track and analyze the success of promotions, campaigns and regular postings with the goal of optimizing performance.
- 2+ years experience in hands-on social media management at an agency or as part of a global brand
- 2+ years experience creating and executing impactful campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other channels using the unique voices for each
- Experience gathering, interpreting and acting on data analytics for social media campaigns
- Excellent social media copywriting skills
- Solid understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Experience managing a community, with the ability to connect people, stimulate discussion and deal with customers in a firm but empathetic manner
EdX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?