**Pending Contract Award**
Expected Award Date: 28 SEP 18
Provide support to Fleet Readiness Center East aboard MCAS Cherry Point including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, repair, installation, removal and modification of industrial equipment utilities, production support equipment, ground support equipment, specialized tooling, and weight handling equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies established work methods and procedures to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, perform limited diagnostic checks, disassemble, re-assemble, repair, and test electrical/electronic equipment of limited complexity.
- Disassemble electric motors and generators and make electrical/electronic and limited mechanical repairs by replacing or adjusting parts such as bearings, switches, wiring and gears.
- Assemble, repair, modify, replace and install electrical quick-change assembly components such as electrical cables and wiring harnesses associated with industrial equipment, test stands, and test cells and test the completed product for proper operation.
- Perform routine, emergency, and preventative maintenance on more complex industrial machinery including, but not limited to, multiple axis normally controlled machines; installs, repairs, and maintains complex electrical/electronic components located in aircraft component test cells.
- Makes visual checks and repairs obvious damage.
- Perform duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess a practical working knowledge of electronic and electrical principles.
- Ability to locate and repair malfunctions and test completed work.
- Knowledge of and ability to use wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer specifications of uncomplicated assemblies to complete assignments.
- Working knowledge of various types and sizes of wire, connectors and plugs.
- Requires skill in operating common electrical/electronic test equipment including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, multimeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and meggers to perform basic electrical/electronic checks.
- Skilled in the use of trade related hand tools including, but not limited to, soldering irons, crimping devices, electrician pliers, and stripping tools.
- High School Diploma or high school equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 to 9 years’ experience in performing troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment utilities, production support equipment, ground support equipment, specialized tooling, and weight handling equipment.
- Must be able to pass background check.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions. May be required to work in industrial areas that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
AVMAC LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Electronics Mechanic: 7 years (Required)
- Cherry Point, North Carolina (Preferred)