Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:
RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
The People & Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supporting the strategic execution of Human Resources programs. The People & Development Coordinator is also responsible for fostering productive cross-functional relationships with internal/external partners. Teamwork, process, relationship management and effective communication, as well as attention to detail are critical aspects of this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as SAP Administrator; maintain and update org charts, employee records, etc.
- Ensure adherence of all P&D policies and procedures by providing accurate and timely guidance to employees.
- Facilitate office move requests.
- Ensure accurate tracking and facilitation of all exit logistics.
- Prepare and submit monthly HR reports detailing key activities, data and metrics including open to hire information, employee turnover, and employee relations matters.
- Ensure compliance of all federal and state mandated employment laws.
- Manage the administration of Family Medical leaves of absences in partnership with supervisor and benefits team as needed.
- Assist in contributing ideas for improvement of departmental processes, procedures and reporting.
- When needed, provide general administrative/office support (i.e. scheduling assistance and expense reports for Sr. Director; attend meetings to take notes as a witness, ordering office supplies, preparing for presentations and meeting, etc.).
- Draft employment verification letters and confirmation letter
- Assist with ad hoc projects and work with the team as requests arise.
- Respond to employee inquires and policy/benefits related questions in a timely manner.
- Partner with supervisor/team to conduct Employee Feedback meetings.
- Build strong relationships with all employees.
Talent Management & Employee Engagement
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
- Provide support during the Performance Appraisal process (i.e. scheduling training, tracking completion and collecting completed forms, assistance inputting data in success factors, etc.).
- Provide project management support in special projects as needed (i.e. rewards & recognition, Philanthropic and engagement events, legacy awards, summer internship program, facilitation of training initiatives, performance management, etc.).
- Provide support to the facilitator for learning and development courses to support the annual performance management and development planning process
- Manage new hire announcements’ process and logistics
- Maintain and update organizational charts
- Provide the necessary support for the P&D team, Talent Acquisition and Business Partners to ensure successful and efficient recruitment and on-boarding of all new hires and temps.
o Maintain accurate tracking of all open permanent and temporary positions and job req. approval forms on a daily basis.
o Draft, continually update and maintain job descriptions file.
o Assist in facilitating communication between Talent Acquisition and business partners.
o Act as point person for general questions recruitment and onboarding inquires.
o Partner w/ supervisor/team to assist in the recruitment process for Entry level to Associate level positions and conduct final round interviews as needed by the HRG function.
o Draft and maintain signed offer letters.
o Preparation of onboarding schedule, cube/office setup, etc.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related concentration preferred
- 1-3 years of prior relevant work experience
- Advanced computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint and familiarity with HRIS systems (SAP Preferred)
- Well-developed written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task, work in high pressure environment
- Self-starter / proactive mindset