Louisville based GC is searching for a Construction Superintendent for healthcare related and commercial construction projects throughout the US. We are a general contractor seeking a hardworking and dedicated person to become a member of our team.
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all construction activities on the project site. This includes tracking daily progress, managing subcontractors, Quality Control, and acting as the company’s on site representative. The Superintendent must demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, scheduling, subcontractor and owner relationships on the project by proactively communicating and taking ownership of risks/issues and facilitating effective outcomes in a timely manner. The Superintendent will maintain consistent and clear communication with the Project Manager.
The Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the construction operations, typical duties and responsibilities for the Superintendent include:
- Manage and communicate a clear project scope and motivate team members
- Manage multiple Subcontractors and Suppliers to accomplish project activities
- Control costs – monitor subcontractor work, manage field expenses
- Prepare proper documentation to monitor and report on project activities – daily logs, change orders, etc.
- Ensure project safety
- Maintain clean work site
- Manage project to meet schedule. Maintain clear communication with Project Manager regarding schedule and provide look ahead schedules
- Ensure quality to meet code, specifications and client/company standards
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Oversee all closeout activities, minimizing and managing punch list, ensuring as-built drawings are up to date and complete and client is satisfied
- Maintain professional attitude and presentation at all times
To be successful in this role, the Superintendent will possess:
- Experience as the sole Field Supervisor for Commercial General Contractor managing projects with values $50,000-$5,000,000
- Experienced overseeing commercial interior projects of varying types and sizes. Commercial shell building experience is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to successfully manage, track and report on project schedule, subcontractors and materials to achieve milestones
- Computer literate with experience preparing various logs/reports and look ahead schedules
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Able to read submittal data and incorporate into the work
- Superior track record for managing quality control and maintaining project safety
Interested candidates should email their resume and salary requirements. Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time