Council on Aging for Southeastern Vermont
Serving Windsor and Windham Counties
Every person will age in the place of their choice, with the support they need and the opportunity for meaningful relationships and active engagement in their community.
To promote the well-being and dignity of older adults.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND PUBLIC BENEFITS SPECIALIST - TEMPORARY/ PART OR FULL TIME
The Community Outreach and Public Benefits Specialist is responsible to reach out to older adults and caregivers in their communities to inform them of programs, services and opportunities available to them and assist them in accessing services that they need to remain in their homes and communities and experience improved health and wellness.
Temporary positions are available through June. Full-time and part-time opportunities are available. Flexible schedule options. Work will be focused on the Bellows Falls - Northern Windham and Southern Windsor County regions. Opportunities after June are dependent on available resources and needs.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruit and enroll eligible older adults in Medicaid, Medicare savings, 3Squares, fuel assistance and other public benefits programs. Duties include assisting older adults with eligibility requirements (filling out forms, gathering information, etc.), tracking enrollment challenges and successes and serving as a liaison between elders and state program staff.
- Host tables at public events and speak at business, civic, fraternal, veterans and faith-based organizations.
- Conduct Independent Living Assessments (ILAs) of older adults to determine their functional capacity and offer them the opportunity to learn about services they may qualify for that would enhance their health, wellness and independence.
- Identify older adults and caregivers in need of assistance by connecting with community partners.
- Promote volunteer opportunities and help recruit, train, support and engage volunteers to assist with outreach and education.
- Collect, manage and report a variety of program data in a timely manner, including records of all in-kind activity, enrollment records and other statistics.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary