What you'll do
As a Freight Handler at Walmart Supply Chain, you will have a critical role in moving product through our Distribution network to the Stores to service our Customers. Your role is critical in providing our customers with the product they expect at an everyday low price.
You can expect the work to be very physically demanding with an extremely high focus on your safety and the safety of others. You will be lifting heavy cases in extreme climates. The flow of freight is very fast-paced, and productivity expectations are high.
Freight Handling Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles and processes freight in a safe and correct manner through the facility to the Stores. Loads, unloads, orderfills, packs, and/or processes freight in an accurate and timely manner. Tells management about unsafe working conditions, damaged products, or improper procedures in the facility. Uses freight handling equipment in a safe and correct manner.
- Maintains a clean work environment to ensure safety and compliance.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity. Ensures freight quality and integrity.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Some positions may require a Physical Abilities Test (PAT)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.60 to $20.15 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift