ELECTRICAL DRAFTING TECHNICIAN
- Location: Morristown, NJ
- Duration: 6Months
- We have exciting new opportunities for experienced and motivated industry professionals in the Morristown NJ area in our Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Group for an Electrical Drafting Technician.
- The Drafter will report to theT&D Cadd Section Manager in Wallingford CT and provide technical drafting support for assigned projects.
- This role requires the ability to support multiple projects and to prioritize work assignments.
- This position will be responsible for an array of challenging assignments including the drafting of engineering deliverables on multiple complex utility projects alongside engineering staff.
- The Drafter position will require strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to function in a team environment.
- Responsibilities include revising existing drawings and preparingdrawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches.
- This position successfully plots drawings; learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures; learns the practices of a selected discipline. Other duties as assigned.
- This exciting opportunity will provide for continued professional growth as a part of our established mentorship programs.
- Apply client standards to drafting activities.
- Work with vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation. Microstation is a must!
- Maintain current knowledge of design and drafting procedures.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for engineering review.
- Provide an accurate accounting of time spent on projects.
- The duties described above are the general nature and level of work to be performed, but is not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required for the position.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
- Associate's degree in computer aided drafting and design desirable
- Entry-level position (zero to five years of professional drafting experience).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Mastered basic commands of at least one type of CAD system (ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, timesaving programs and routines).
- Highly-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with clear expectations and timelines, and to prioritize work.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment
Job Type: Contract