REPORTS TO: Head Cook
BASIC PURPOSE : The candidate for this position with have dual position switching off between Prep Cook and Line Cook Position based on demand. He or she will prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked. (10%)
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift. (2%)
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum one year of food service or related work
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill
Hours Required: scheduled days and times may vary based on need
Basic English communication
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and ability to push/pull medium to large weights/objects
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Line Cook: 1 year (Preferred)