The Product Research Specialist for Pet Supplements is responsible for monitoring all aspects of new products/ingredients and technologies to drive innovation in the Pet supplement Space. Stays abreast of trends in the marketplace to ensure the product's competitive position. This role explores and conducts research in relevant (and competitive) technologies/products. This role also monitors all aspects of the product life cycle.The Product Research Specialist reports to the VP of Product Development
Key Responsibilities in this role.
- Maintains a network of vendors, consultants and educators to leverage emerging and enabling technologies/ingredients.
- Monitor current scientific literature for new information in health and nutrition that can be applied to, or result in, new products or claims.
- Conduct review of new products and ingredients offered by external contacts to determine applications.
- Conduct literature searches in support of substantiation of scientific issues and claims.
- Communicate sound science information (written or oral) within the company and to targeted external groups in order to enhance business initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience working in the Pet Supplement/Pet Food industry as a product researcher or similar role.
- Bachelors degree in science or engineering
- Knowledge of top Pet Supplements in the marketplace
- Knowledge of top Pet Supplement Companies/Manufacturers
- Experience with product inserts and product brochures
- Some knowledge of supplement labeling and sourcing labels
- Ability to manage timelines for new product launches
Remote contract work of ~20 hours a week to start, pro-rated at $40-70k a year depending on experience. Opportunity to move into a full time position.
Experience in human supplementation as well is a huge plus but not required.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year