Since 1984, Fairfax Colon & Rectal Surgical Center (FCRS) has evolved into the largest single specialty group of colorectal surgeons in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro region. We have accomplished this by serving our patients, employees, and healthcare community with integrity, leadership, and commitment to excellence. Our mission is to provide the highest quality, innovative, coordinated colorectal care for all of our patients.
- Scheduling appointments, including updating patient demographics, insurance information and insurance verification.
- Verifying daily schedule insurance verification and eligibility corrections.
- Managing/tracking incoming office referrals.
- Obtaining insurance referrals when required.
- Greeting and accurately checking-in patients.
- Collecting patient financial responsibilities and accurately posting such payments (co-pays, deductibles, outstanding balances, etc.)
- Checking patients out and scheduling follow-up appointments when necessary.
- Answering, routing and documenting patient phone calls and portal messages.
- Performing opening and closing procedures including daily reporting.
- Assisting the clinical team with monitoring and managing daily schedules and organizing patient flow.
- Documenting and communicating patient information to appropriate personnel/departments.
- Assisting in managing/routing incoming fax documents.
- Participating in practice education activities, meetings, and ongoing training.
- Managing patient electronic medical records.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of patient scheduling
- Proficiency in using computers, Microsoft applications, and electronic health record systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Bereavement leave
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid orientation
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
- Private practice
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lansdowne, VA 20176: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person