Perform functions to ensure an efficient Treasury daily structure and assists the Sr. Treasury Manager to oversee departmental and strategic projects. Supports all aspects of Cash Management Operations activities including the development of cash management treasury solutions for all business segments of the company. Identifies opportunities to simplify processes and increases efficiency while remaining within the established company policies and FirstService Residential partner bank guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist in planning, monitoring and ensuring the daily operations and activities of the Cash Management department are completed. Supporting responses to our Treasury Inbox & bank inquiry.
2. Responsible for verifying account templates and ensuring bank account information is up to date and accurate.
3. Assist as Administrator for Treasury online banking systems and administers bank control functions.
4. Researches and addresses accounts that are in an overdraft position with partner banks; works with both Accounts Payables/Avid personnel and GL Accountants to resolve and return the account to good standing.
5. Responsible for validating and approving fund transfers initiated by Treasury analysts; verifies electronic fund transfers are being processed accurately and timely and in compliance with the Treasury and company guidelines.
6. Answers inquiries regarding cash management procedures and researches specific transactions.
7. Liaison between partner bank and field personnel to identify possible issues, inconsistencies and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
8. Ensures all Treasury and FFI personnel are made aware of changes in online banking requirements and documentation.
9. Document/update Cash Management Standard Operating Procedures and updates Treasury I-Share. Reviews processes to ensure Treasury department are in compliance.
10. Serves as back -up overseeing the fraud process and provides support in finalizing each fraud case.
11. Assist Property Managers and/or Banks regarding requests.
12. Special Projects as assigned and other Treasury duties as necessary.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. May participate in or facilitate in any variety of meetings and work groups pertaining to Cash Management to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
2. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
3. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Experience in Property Management a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must have a demonstrated ability to understand effective Cash management processes and be proactive in improving work flows and processes to establish best practices.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and time-management skills to complete duties accurately and in accordance with established deadlines; and a proven ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks with the ability to “change gears” frequently and work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong decision making abilities and a strong work ethic.
Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves no or minimal travel.