We are looking for a skilled Localization Project Manager to join with our client’s Localization team as part of a special Lionbridge assignment. Overall, you will work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to deliver localized training content of the highest possible quality.
Work Location - Onsite in Sunnyvale, California, USA
Work Schedule - Full-time, Monday – Friday during normal business hours
Job Status - Temporary, Employment (candidates must have authorization to work in the US for any employer)
Job Duration - 9 months with possibility of extension
Start Date - As soon as possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and execute localization requests submitted by your business client.
- Analyze requirements and supporting reference material; clearly communicate same to localization vendors.
- Create and process projects in WorldServer.
- Manage schedule challenges, query cycles, and Linguistic QA — all to ensure that the client’s requirements are met.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to resolve questions or conflicts related to terminology, language quality and workflow.
- Maintain your sense of humor under all circumstances.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Localization Project Management role; Localization experience is preferred.
- Experience with Translation Management Systems is required; Idiom / SDL WorldServer experience is strongly preferred.
- An understanding of localization best practices and familiarity with typical “gotchas” – demonstrated experience in effectively mitigating these issues.
- High attention to detail, efficient time-management, and strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of file formats as they pertain to localization.
- Skill in dealing with concurrent translation projects — all with varying scopes, schedule demands, and complexities.
- Excellent communication skills: English fluency (spoken and written) is required; proficiency in another language is preferred.
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- BA or MA in an area related to Localization or Project Management is preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lionbridge welcomes and embraces a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, or protected military or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sunnyvale, CA (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts