Job: Baker's Crust Artisan Kitchen in Ashburn is seeking a Front of House (FOH) Manager.
Company Overview: Baker’s Crust Artisan Kitchen is a locally owned, specialty casual dining concept that distinguishes itself from the competition by its innovative and creative menu. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our team members, guests and owners; Eat Well, Be Happy! Learn more about Baker's Crust by visiting www.bakerscrust.com.
FOH Manager Overview and qualifications:
As a FOH Manager, you report to the General Manager. You are responsible for all operations in a full service restaurant, to include marketing, catering, team scheduling, sales goals and results. You will also maintain a clean, sanitary, safe and positive, team-oriented work area in a fast-paced environment, while providing superior guest service. Specific responsibilities include:
- Understand & operate the business in accordance with the company policies, procedures and applicable laws, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Meet company P&L and expense goals.
- Responsible for some financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maximize sales and profits through management of food, operating supplies and labor costs.
- Establish and maintain appropriate staffing levels; make employment and termination decisions consistent with our company guidelines.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all employee files including but not limited to, termination, counseling, disciplinary actions, accidents, and injuries.
- Check and maintain all service areas for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
- Greet guests in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Verify guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders from guests in a timely manner.
- Develop the staff in all aspects of the operation including but not limited to specific job duties, customer awareness and service, and sanitation standards; consistently use and teach suggestive selling techniques.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive employee relations; maintain and enhance company culture // Administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Ensure strict adherence to food quality and freshness standards. To include proper handling and storage, portion size, point of sales recipe specs, prep recipe specs, freshness, presentation, proper sanitation and cooling techniques, and line checks.
- Conduct accurate & efficient inventories and proper ordering of all food & beverage items.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Exhibits a passion for food and has culinary/cooking skills
- Valid Food Handler's Card (if required by municipality)
- Current American Red Cross certifications in Adult First Aid and CPR
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a restaurant manager preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a full-service restaurant
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Must have a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Consistent cash handling skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while continuing to smile and have a positive attitude
- Experience with P&L and sales building
- Possess excellent basic math skills and the ability to operate a POS system
- Possess strong team building skills and has leadership and coaching experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Required)
- Full-service Restaurant: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)