If you are a problem solver, passionate about staying up to date on knowledge and technical skills, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer, who has a passion for innovating safe and reliable solutions for complex engineering problems, to oversee, manage, and develop project deliverables, on behalf of the Bay Aera Rapid Transition (BART).
BART connects the San Francisco Peninsula with Berkeley, Oakland, Fremont, Walnut Creek, Dublin/Pleasanton, and other cities in the East Bay. For more than 45 years BART has provided fast, reliable transportation to downtown offices, shopping centers, tourist attractions, entertainment venues, universities, and other destinations for Bay Area residents and visitors alike.
The Project Engineer will be responsible, in coordination with BART’s program management team, for managing civil/structural design projects.
The person in this role will need to be flexible and collaborative in a dynamic environment involving multiple stakeholders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Manage from conceptual design through completion, capital program engineering designs, construction projects and programs in assigned areas.
- Project areas may include:
- Rail car procurement
- Construction and rehabilitation stations
- Automated fare collections
- Transit systems and structures designs
- Develop and design through final program and equipment acceptance.
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures in assigned project areas.
- Assist with developing project scopes and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders
- and technical feasibility
- Assist client project managers with resource availability and allocation
- Assist with the development of various schedules to track progress
- Utilize a change management process
- Measure project performance using check-in meetings, progress reports, project
- schedules and status updates
- Assist in project reporting including design and construction schedules
- Coordinate on a scheduled basis, to make sure consultant teams and projects are on time, within the scope and within budget
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Verify that the project design staff are adequately safety trained and empowered to
- execute necessary fieldwork and that they work in accordance with agency
- Verify design documents have been reviewed for completeness
- Verify with the consultant teams that projects are designed in accordance with the
- latest agency standards and other applicable codes and regulations
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable project management and administration experience which must have included at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Professional engineering license or EIT a plus
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and work in a
- fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of working in a government environment, especially Railcar/Transit.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently organize and carry out assignments with minimum direction as well as the ability to function effectively as a leader of highly professional personnel
- Able to work well with others including, contractors, agency personnel and the public
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42.00 - $75.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Are you authorized to work in the US?
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative