Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking Registered Nurses (RN) for the John T. Montford Unit, located in Lubbock Texas. Openings include Ward (M/S), Specialty Care, and Psych. Come see why TTUHSC has been continuously been recognized as a top college to work for as well as an employer of choice!
TTUHSC Managed Care provides health services to approximately 30,000 patients in 27 correctional facilities at 23 geographical locations throughout the West Texas sector, dating from 1989. Through a broad range of comprehensive services, TTUHSC positively impacts patient lives, including many who previously never had access to qualify health care.
The Montford Unit is part of the Managed Care program and functions as a Regional Medical Center and Psychiatric Unit for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). This unit operates 24 hours/7 days a week and specializes in housing inmates who require mental health and specialty medical treatment. At capacity, the unit houses 1,078 male inmates with 550 beds available in psychiatric care, 400 inmates in the Trusty Camp, 30 holding beds, 50 Ward (M/S) beds, 44 long-term care beds, and 4 specialty care (step-down) beds.
Benefits include, but not limited to:
- Market based salaries, overtime pay, and shift differentials.
- 100% employer paid Health/RX insurance for full time employees; 50% employer paid for dependents.
- Options dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick, and holiday comp. Time will increase with years of state service.
- Retirement pension plan through the Teachers Retirement of Texas system.
- Free sources for continuing education credits.
- Paid Professional Liability Insurance.
To apply directly to our jobsite, copy and paste the below link into your browser.
Ward (M/S)- https://jobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25898&siteid=5283&Areq=25914BR
Specialty Care Unit - https://jobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25898&siteid=5283&Areq=25694BR
Psych - https://jobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25898&siteid=5283&Areq=25694BR
Job Type: Full-time
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
Please reach out to Jessica Dickens at firstname.lastname@example.org for concerns regarding the COVID 19 vaccine.
Work Location: One location