Specialty Insurance Group (SIG), a member company of the Everest Re Group, is dedicated to establishing long term relationships with our sports and leisure clients by providing them with comprehensive insurance products and services that address the complex risk management challenges of today's world. We accomplish this through our knowledgeable and experienced staff, who has participated in developing insurance products for some of the most high profile sports and entertainment risks in the world.
We currently have an opportunity available for an Underwriter - Sports & Leisure, in our Carmel, Indiana location. This position could also be located in our Chicago office.
- Utilizing authority to underwrite and price business for the following lines of coverage: Commercial Package Policies, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, Participant Accident and Excess Liability while adhering to divisional underwriting guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining broker relationships in assigned business segment.
- Assisting in development and execution of business strategy necessary to drive submission flow and binding of profitable business to achieve performance goals.
- Working collaboratively with home office, marketing & distribution, actuary, claims, loss control, premium audit, and legal in an effort to develop and maintain a profitable portfolio of insurance placements.
- A Bachelor's degree preferred and a minimum of five years of underwriting experience
- Experience dealing with a program that includes proprietary rating and forms is preferred
- Multi-line underwriting capability
- Experience managing a book of business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.