Sunnova is a leader in residential solar, battery storage and system protection services, with customers across the U.S. and its territories. We are your source for clean, affordable, and reliable energy, with a simple mission: to power energy independence so our customers have the freedom to live life uninterrupted™.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, we work to attract and retain only the best people who have the potential to make us better than we are today. We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, continuous improvement environment and want to change the world of energy.
It is a time of growth and evolution at Sunnova! We have come through a temporary sales slowdown due to Covid-19, we are already re-gaining momentum and now is the time to build on the trends of digital researching and shopping, virtual communications and sales, and a focus on resiliency and self-reliance. The conditions are in-place for residential rooftop solar to take it to the next level for homeowners, and we need an experienced and energetic digital marketing leader to help us build these capabilities, enhance our digital presence and lead-generation efforts, and drive sales to grow the business.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – both the technical SEO implementation and optimization, as well as the keyword research and content strategy. This role will be accountable for driving organic traffic to the site.
- Content writing and web content development. There will be some freelance budget available to outsource, but this role will be the company expert who drives the strategy as well as conceptualizes and writes the initial core content.
- Experience with SEO tools i.e. SEMrush, Screaming Frog, etc. This role requires the left-brain, right-brain balance of a great content person with a strong data-driven and performance reporting foundation.
- Conversion and User Experience (UX) familiarity is a plus. This role will work closely with the leader that is accountable for UX area. Digital Marketing and Conversion and UX will need to work closely together and help in each others’ areas to ensure strong traffic to the site, which also converts.
- An interest in and mindset for digital customer journeys, to understand how SEO and different entry points to sunnova.com map to the broader customer experience and to conversion in the sales funnel.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Pay Per Click (PPC). The company currently does not do much paid digital, but it has in the past and would like to build a business case to invest in it again.
- Work closely with IT to drive the sunnova.com and Sitecore development roadmap and to ensure strong technical SEO implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years of digital marketing experience with emphasis on SEO and content.
- Minimum of 5 years of total marketing or related professional experience.
- Marketing leadership experience. This role is an individual contributor, but with high expectations and accountability to build out substantial pieces of the customer experience.
- Solid analytical skills. Well-versed in Google Analytics (GA), but with an ability to bridge to Salesforce to follow a site visit or add click all the way through to a converted sale.
- Sitecore Content Management System (CMS) experience is a plus.
- Solar industry experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Retail electricity or other related energy experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Location: Houston, TX (no relocation provided)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.