IDS offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming
diversity and collaboration and providing numerous
opportunities for career growth.
This position can be either a G07 or G08 based on successful candidates qualifications.
As a Plan Production Control Specialist you're responsible for loading
Bill of Materials and Material Masters to meet production schedules and
customer needs. You'll evaluate and coordinate program requirements to
ensure manufacturing data is in alignment with both our TDP (source of
record) and MRP systems, and you'll ensure a controlled flow of materials
for both manufacturing and procurement which meets customer
In this highly collaborative, high volume role, you'll work with all functional
areas, including Master Scheduling, Material Master, Production Control,
Material Program Management, Operations, Configuration Management,
Engineering, and other business units.
- Collaborating with Contracts, Program, Manufacturing,
Engineering, and Supply Chain Management to establish and
maintain the Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM), including
modifications to the Design Engineering BOM structure for Ease
of Manufacturing purposes.
- Maintaining and monitoring Part Master data and Product
Structure in MRP systems, until the establishment of the Material
- Incorporating changes to the MBOM as specified within approved
Engineering Change documents.
- Participating in Configuration Change Board activity to assist in
the determination of change incorporation effective break-in.
- Partnering with the MPS (Master Production Scheduling) team to
manage effective date to minimize inventory position and reduce
- Define and communicate actions required by other organizations
to complete the implementation of these Engineering Changes
into work-in-process material and/or purchase material.
- Manage and analyze MBOM to ensure compliance with Material
Management Accounting System (MMAS) standards.
- Assure consistent, accurate application of standards to MBOM
data, and unique data coding standards required to support
various special processes, such as Government Furnished
- Identify risk and opportunity relative to CCB (Configuration
Control Board) activity and eWAR (Work Authorization Request)
- Have a deep understanding of Material Master, BOM and
Production Planning Process integration, to include knowledge of
MRP demand, material availability, and scheduling.
- Daily activity requires excellent analytic skills, in order to analyze
all planning functions, load to MRP appropriately, identify
improvement opportunities, and lead a continuous improvement
project. Review and transactional processing of material master
and bill of material requests to ensure appropriateness and
- Problem solving with requestors to resolve differences/conflicts
between the requestor needs and existing records or company
A strong understanding of the end to end supply chain in support
of meeting customer needs. Complete understanding and
application of principles, concepts, industry practices, and
standards related to production planning through MRP/ERP
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or a Salary Grade G08
based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills,
experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
2+ years experience in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain environment
Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP)/SAP
- Experience working with technical/engineering documents - Engineering Data Management Tool
Master Data execution in an ERP environment - preferable SAP• APICS CSCP or equivalent required• Customer focused and able to prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - the ability to
work collaboratively with your team and all functional areas
- Self-motivated and able research issues, discuss and support
development of potential solutions, and/or to provide an easy to
understand rational supporting the position.
- Experience using Rapid Response/Kinaxis or related reporting
- Analytics - the ability to review requests, determine accuracy and
completeness of data (attention to detail)
Required Education (including Major):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 154676
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.