We are a manufacturer of plant-based food, meat/poultry and entree products, in Newark, NJ, selling to supermarkets, distributors and institutions nationwide. We specialize in vegetarian, gluten-free, organic, and antibiotic-free product categories and are committed to producing safe quality foods.
We are looking for someone to implement the Inventory Module of QuickBooks Enterprise - Manufacturing and Wholesale edition (desktop version). This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of this project, doing all preparations, data-entry, and reconciliation.
We are also in the process of selecting a new full-scale ERP software to all migrate to. Upon completion of the Quickbooks Project, this person will manage the ERP implementation. To accomplish this implementation this person will interact with the software vendor, the Director of Operations, Director of IT and the Controller, as well as operations personnel.
This is a long term temporary position.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Set up item codes
- Set up Units of Measures and conversions
- Calculate and Create BOM (Bill of Materials) in Quickbooks
- Calculate and enter cost into Bills of Materials
- update all existing purchase orders with item codes for inventory use
- enter starting inventory quantities and value
- Enter production into Quickbooks using “build assemblies”
- Write procedure & training materials for how to build assemblies and other ongoing transaction entry
- Reconcile Quickbooks inventory levels and transactions with proprietary Purchasing & Production system
- Must have in depth knowledge and experience with Inventory module, Purchase orders, Item Lists
- Must be proficient with QuickBooks, using the program daily.
- Must be proficient with Excel
- Is highly organized & detail-oriented
- Can work well in a fast paced environment
- Maintains a professional demeanor
- Has well developed communication skills
- Works well with people
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient with QuickBooks *.iif file format
- Accounting Degree (Bachelor or Associates)
- Experience doing Cost Accounting for Manufacturing firms
- Experience implementing ERP/Accounting software
- Proficient with Word & Outlook
Only applications with cover letters and resumes will be considered.Thank you, this information will help us identify applicants best qualified for the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous