GPJ is looking for an experienced Event Producer to join one of our most exciting and growing teams, the world's leading internet technology client. Do you get a thrill knowing your work directly impacts the growth of your clients' business? Do you dream in excel spreadsheets or smartsheets? If you answered, "yes" to these questions, you will want to read on.
George P Johnson (GPJ) is part of Project Worldwide:
Creativity, an independent, employee-owned global network of complementary, wholly-owned agencies. Project is the first global agency network dedicated to Engagement Marketing. GPJ is one of the world's leading Experiential Marketing agencies. See gpj.com and project.com.**
With offices around the US and the rest of the world, GPJ capabilities include branded environments, entertainment marketing, online experience, media and content development, and event production and management.
We need an Event Producer to help lead the production of the exhibit program for this amazing client. This role will be responsible for leading and achieving operational objectives while working closely with our other internal teams ensure the strategic objectives and priorities are being met. You will partner with and motivate internal GPJ teams, making sure they are on track. This position interfaces directly with very senior-level clients, internal teams, conference venues and all 3rd party suppliers and vendors.
This position will be based in our Boston, MA location.
What you'll do to rock this job:
- Partner with other producers, event managers and the account team to actively participate in monthly client-hosted strategy and status meetings and provide project status (including any areas of risk)
- Lead and motivate a team, including facilitate meetings and communicate effectively
- Build positive relationships with high-level clients and provide them the utmost in customer service
- Manage the day to day budget and operations of the project
- Develop and manage timelines
- Develop and manage press event budget throughout event life cycle
- Oversee 3rd party vendor RFP processes with the procurement team and subject matter expert (SME) by category
- Coordinate communications, touch points, and processes with internal departments and services to bring the event to successful execution
- See beyond what is right in front of you (the immediate tasks) and comprehend the big picture – the 360 view of the overall project in its entirety and make recommendations and adjustments as necessary
- Drive and track cost management and efficiencies through negotiation and strategic buying, cost saving and cost avoidance
- Understand the strategic and creative requirements and objectives of the event and collaborate with department leads to ensure it is on point
- Oversee teams the source and manage venues, floor plans, meeting rooms, and the overall scope requirements
- Make sure audio/visual requirements are in line with creative and event brief and work with our live production team
- Understand Digital production requirements and work with our digital production team
- Oversee team managing EXPO design and production
- Coordinate graphics project management & production
- Oversee team managing Food and Beverage, Security, Event Staff,
- Handle Live Production (main stage)
- Source, manage and communicate with vendors
- Oversee the onsite execution of the event and responsible for post event deliverables
- Audit the status of the event, to ensure its on track with each of the area leads
- Event reconciliation with all area leads
- Convention Center or large-scale venue management experience (union labor venue)
- Travel as needed
Who you are and what you've done
Experienced Producer. Minimum of 5+ years of industry-related experience with multiple years of production experience in event management. You have produced events with at least of 4k attendance of a corporate event. You know how to manage keynote, trade show, breakouts, meals, special events, event technologies, security, transportation and crowd flow.
Collaborator and Project Manager. This is an extremely collaborative and project management-driven position. You understand project deliverables change – and your foresight, patience and project management skills are what keep you one step ahead of the game.
You strive to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the client organization. You know the only way to be successful to build trusting, evolving relationships across the board. You have the experience to develop relationships with every department including design, estimating, engineering, fabrication, event services as well as accounting and finance.
Trusted advisor, partner and navigator. When you talk, people listen. As mentioned above, you will establish relationships with everyone from executive and senior clients to vendors. This comes from your knowledge, expertise and skill base.
Negotiator. Reviewing and negotiating venue and vendor contracts are a walk in the park for you and you're experienced with RFPs and RFIs.
Flexible. You understand business needs change – what you do today may not be what you do tomorrow! Working in client-service role is not a 9 to 5 job. Your ability to work irregular hours and travel based on client deliverables is required.
** Did you catch earlier when it mentioned that we are "employee-owned?" You work hard, she works hard, we all work hard… we all succeed. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – providing our employees with an ownership interest. We thought you would want to know that. In fact, there is a lot more you would want to know about us, like our FTO policy (no more "accruing" time off), our robust 401(k) plan, our "no employee contribution" healthcare option. But we are getting ahead of ourselves here, let's talk about this this exciting opportunity first and we can fill you in on our perks & benefits another time.
GPJ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. In addition to federal law requirements, GPJ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. GPJ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any protected class.