****IF INTERESTED PLEASE GO TO JOBS.KROGER.COM, TYPE IN 53066 IN THE LOCATION BOX AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE SANITATION MANAGER POSITION****
****SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME THROUGH INDEED IS NOT APPLYING****
Provide a clean, safe distribution facility every day of the year. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory agency rules and regulations. Ensure compliance with all General Office requirements as it pertains to sanitation and safety. Provide necessary training and proactive solutions for the sanitation crew, warehouse management and hourly associates on the causes for shrink and related product damage and to recommend procedures to avoid damage and shrink. Develop, inspect, and coordinate all cleaning functions of the facility and grounds. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a clean and safe distribution facility.
- Ensure staffing and practices are in place to achieve a superior sanitation and safety rating.
- Provide training for sanitors and a subsequent learning environment to teach all management personnel about critical needs in the area of sanitation, food safety and shrink prevention.
- Create and maintain a culture where sanitors work to achieve a zero-accident rate.
- Maintain involvement with all G.O., state, federal and local inspectors during sanitation inspections, noting any problem areas and addressing issues with immediate implementation of corrective action.
- Create an environment where the mind set of continuous improvement is recognized as a desired behavior trait; inspire and support improvement changes.
- Maintain the high standards of professionalism and Customer 1st excellence with our stores and associates.
- Create a competitive, responsive, and more informed workforce through meaningful communication and more involvement of results-oriented management/labor committees for process change.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Leadership Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 4 years (Preferred)