- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified General Appraiser
- Driver's License
Review appraisals to determine acceptability of methodology, technique and credibility to ensure optimum product quality and reliability. Maintain appraiser auditing function and monitor responsiveness and quality of work product provide by fee appraisers. Coordinate with Appraisal Compliance Specialists to resolve potential issues. Provide expert support to various departments through residential appraisal reviews and property evaluations. Maintain knowledge of appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, FIRREA/InterAgency Guidelines, FDIC/OTS guidance, secondary market). Implement regulatory policy changes as required. Review all residential products in a loan file to ascertain if the value estimate was acceptable and in compliance with all federal and state regulations, as well as Bank policies and procedures. Perform single family real estate related projects at the request of management.
Position Requirements:Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor degree with a minimum of 4 years real estate appraisal experience to include a minimum of 2 years residential property appraisal. Must be state licensed as a Certified Residential Appraiser.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 8 years real estate appraisal experience to include a minimum of 2 years in residential property appraisal. Must be state licensed as a Certified Residential Appraiser.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid driver's license. Position requires frequent driving to other offices, bank customers, etc. Bank car not provided.
- Thorough knowledge of Real Estate Law and the appraisal process, to include knowledge of current banking laws and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities and skill levels, including executive management.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage several projects at one time.
- Leadership ability and strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Appraisal review experience in a financial institution.