LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Professional Development Department
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. Our clients look to us to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, intensity and creativity to resolve legal challenges effectively and cost efficiently. We believe in hiring talented and dedicated individuals as members of our administrative community. We draw on the strength of our culture and structure to deliver the best of our firm to our lawyers and clients through true collaboration. The firm is seeking a
full-time Learning and Development Coordinator, based in New York. This role will report to the Director of Learning & Development supporting the three U.S. offices of the firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work with the CLE coordinator to schedule and plan for specific training programs.
- Review the firm’s training catalogue and work with Marketing to organize and promote our programing internally and to perspective attorneys.
- Work with Director to plan our training & development offerings on a quarterly & yearly basis.
- Communicate with vendors regarding scheduling of outside presenter programming and work with CLE coordinator to provide CLE credit when applicable.
- Work with Director in interviewing administrative directors, partners, practice group leaders and associates to ascertain areas of focus for future programing.
- Evaluate Debevoise’s needs with respect to learning and development
- Solicit the views of key stakeholders across the firm to understand priority learning & training needs
- Aid in assessing current offerings in terms of effectiveness in meeting firm needs
- Use aggregated data from review and update conversations with department chairs, partners, and administrative directors throughout the firm to help the Director create programs and training modules specific to needs of attorneys at the firm.
- Aid in assessing the evolving market for learning and training solutions.
- Aid in evaluating and identifying the solutions that most aligned to firm needs.
- Proactively build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Operate as part of an integrated Talent team, encompassing recruiting, professional development, diversity & inclusion and benefits
- Support the development and execution of firm-wide training & developmental programming and events
- Provide recommendations for the development of training content in support of the firm’s training and learning agenda.
- Support the director in providing subject matter expertise and insights relating to learning & training to the Talent team members.
- Help inform and shape initiatives across Talent agenda.
- Partner closely with Professional Development team to incorporate a learning and training focus into all aspects of the Professional Development agenda.
- Assist the Director to create a learning and developing strategy to support personnel across the firm such as:
- Creating and achieving training and learning programs for both attorney and staff.
- Coordinating the execution of an integrated program of existing and new learning and development solutions that will address the needs of the firm.
- Partnering with Marketing, Business Development, and PD teams to build the firm’s internal and external training and learning brand both within the firm and recruiting of future talent.
- Help track the firm’s progress on training and learning metrics through analyses of quantitative and qualitative data with ability to present such data.
- Help adjust programming over time to take account of new and evolving learning and development needs.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy
- Aid Director in partnering with practice groups, administrative department chairs and Marketing and Communications functions to position the firm appropriately in the marketplace from a learning and development perspective.
- Be proactive in the development of internal communication materials to support our learning and development strategy and associated programming.
- Specific Job Duties
- Work with our CLE coordinator to schedule and plan for specific training programs
- Review the firm’s training catalogue and work with Marketing to organize and promote our programing internally and to perspective attorneys
- Work with Director to plan our training & development offerings on a quarterly & yearly basis
- Communicate with vendors regarding scheduling of outside presenter programming and work with CLE coordinator to provide CLE credit when applicable
- Work with director in interviewing administrative directors, partners, practice group leaders and associates to ascertain areas of focus for future programing.
- Takes end-to-end ownership of initiatives.
- Ability to form excellent professional relationships with firm’s diverse lawyers.
- Possesses high levels of analytical rigor; comfortable “leading with data”.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Credible when dealing with senior internal clients.
- Deeply collaborative: ready, willing and able to collaborate broadly across the firm to deliver the right outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in coordinating training and learning programs at a law firm is preferred.
- Open to learning and developing in the role.
- Law degree is a plus.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin or any other legally protected category in accordance with U.S. law. Applicants seeking an accommodation please see “Request an Accommodation” under Additional Information on the Working Here section at www.debevoise.com.