We have an opportunity for a full-time Registered Dietitian to work in our Outpatient program.
The eating disorder Dietitian is responsible for providing nutrition therapy to clients of all ages with a variety of medical conditions and psychiatric diagnoses. The team member works with the client, their support team (therapist, psychiatrist, physician, family/friends), and the clinical director to provide the most effective and efficient care possible. This position works under little supervision but provides team support and resources including but not limited to weekly client care meetings with the program director. This position requires significant patience, critical thinking, compassion, empathy, communication, and counseling skills, with a willingness to go the extra mile for clients. Work situations may vary from individual client sessions to family, friend, or healthcare team sessions.
Includes meal and nutritional planning, individual client support and group/family sessions. Continued development of policies, procedures, menus, client education, and staff education materials.
- Meal and nutritional planning, individual client support and group/family sessions. Continued development of policies, procedures, menus, client education, and staff education materials.
- Oversee and coordinate client dietary care, working with the MD and the treatment team to coordinate assessment, plan and implement strategy of care for each client.
- Nutritional re-feeding of Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa clients in conjunction with Medical Director.
- Evaluate the client's progress toward attainment of outcomes, revising the plan as indicated, per policy.
- Coordinate care and counseling of clients.
- Assign new experiences: challenge meal passes, grocery shopping, meals in social settings, food solos, therapeutic food days, etc.
- Assist clients' learning new skills and behaviors, which will contribute to a healthy balanced lifestyle.
- Supervise and coordinate meal service and daily meals/snacks.
- Adjust and modify menu based on individual cultural and caloric requirements.
- Lead education and counseling sessions.
- Demonstrate healthy eating behaviors and a healthy relationship with food.
- Graduate of an accredited Bachelor’s Dietitian program.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Licensed with the State Board of Dietitians.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Adaptable, organized personality is required and the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be a strong team player