Hospice Chaplain | Bereavement Coordinator
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Offer spiritual care and counsel to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment during end-of-life
Culture of teamwork:
Contribute and support a highly collaborative team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary LocationUnited States-Arizona-Tucson
What You Will Do: Dual role as Chaplain and Bereavement Coordinator
As a chaplain at Amedisys hospice, you will have the opportunity to provide spiritual care services to patients/families/caregivers, either directly or through the coordination of care with other spiritual counselors during the end-of-life stage. As a chaplain you may provide bereavement, funeral and memorial services for patients and caregivers of varied faiths and beliefs.
• Assure spiritual assessment of patients/families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
• Maintain records of spiritual care services and related activities for quality improvement and program development.
• Coordinate support, continuing education for volunteers and supervise and evaluate spiritual care volunteers.
• Establish relationships with community chaplains, spiritual counselors, clergy and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient/family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education about hospice care.
• Actively participate and attend Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings and participate in the development of the Interdisciplinary Team plan of care to meet identified spiritual needs.
• Provide consultation, education and support to the Interdisciplinary Team on spiritual care.
• Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited seminary or school of theology (Bachelors of Divinity, Masters of Divinity or equivalent theology degree or training)
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a health care setting or with death and dying
• Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license, and agency-required liability insurance to perform home visits
Some states specifically require ordination of commission by a recognized faith group and who has completed at least one unit of clinical pastoral education (CPE) from a nationally recognized provider.
• Experience as a chaplain in an interfaith setting
• Previous hospice experience
Georgia: One (1) unit of clinical pastoral education (CPE) and documented ordination of commission
Missouri: One (1) unit of clinical pastoral education (CPE) and documented ordination of commission
North Carolina: documented ordination of commission
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees