Currently accepting resumes for Structures Mechanic with 5+ years’ experience, in Savannah, GA
Sonic Aerospace Solutions is the leading maintenance services provider for MRO's and special projects. Our company currently retains over 100 of the highest skilled and trained professionals in the aviation industry. Sonic Aerospace Solutions offers uniquely tailored services and packages for all your aviation challenges. We provide our clients the most affordable, cost-effective solutions, whenever, wherever they need it!
Structures Mechanic will maintain, repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty. Maintenance and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components. Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation. Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures manuals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma/GED. Five (5) years of experience in structures repair and modifications in aircrafts as a mechanic. Experience in aerospace industry mandatory.
Other Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Performs structural aircraft repairs using appropriate sheet metal techniques and fasteners. Removes, replaces, and relocates headers, stringers, doors, beams, and bulkheads. Builds up surfaces and structures to specifications. Installs Service Bulletin kits using parts and instructions provided by O.E.M.
- Plans and develops schemes for sheet metal repairs and/or modifications by using blueprints, sketches, service bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders, or other technical publications.
- Uses precision measuring instruments to accomplish sheet metal repairs or modifications, (i.e. micrometers, calipers, surface plates, protractors, combination squares, etc.)
- Performs operational checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and documents discrepancies (squawks). Re-installs and tests components after completed inspection.
- Troubleshoots and repairs all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc). May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters, and Airworthiness Directives as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals, and schematic diagrams when required.
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair.
- Tests operation and repairs/adjusts, as required: engines, engine controls and accessories, propellers and controls, landing gear, hydraulic systems and servicing, and flight controls, and adjusts rigging as required.
- Checks and repairs fuel, oil, oxygen, heating, cooling and pressurization systems.
Will only consider individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Must have 5 year minimum experience as a structures/sheet metal mechanic
- Must be able to understand, read, and write English
- Must have be legal to work in the US.
- Must submit to drug testing and background check.
- Must adhere to all FAA rules and regulations
- Must be available to work extended hours as required.
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be goal oriented, have an exceptional attention to detail
- Must work well in team situations and also as an individual
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to provide 3 past employment references.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
WHAT WE OFFER:
Paid vacation after 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
- Aviation Structure Maintenance: 5 years (Required)