Soft Goods clerks are responsible for making sure their section of the store is well-stocked for our customers. This position will assist customers with product inquiries and ensure products are stocked and replenished. Product lines may include clothing, apparel, towels, linens, napkins and other fabrics.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Order, receive, store, and stock products while ensuring proper inventory control, product rotation and quality.
- Create and build product displays, ensure proper fronting of products, and handle product damages and credits according to company policy. Clean shelves as they are restocked.
- Fronts merchandise to maintain racks, counters and cases on sales floor.
- Familiarity with store product lines and their locations in order to assist customers in locating items, care and sizes.
- Stock and replenish merchandise on racks and counters and ensure it is neat and well stocked.
- Check merchandise for proper pricing, quality, and rotation
- Communicate with customers and co-workers on products and price.
- Cleans and maintains work area. Return all overstock to stockroom. Keep backroom area organized and clean. Ensures work area is swept clean, orderly and free from safety hazards. Report hazards to management.
- Notify department manager of questionable products, out of stocks or slow selling products.
- Receive and unload delivery truck and store product in designated area.
- Operate department equipment and tools and exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Replace missing shelf tags.
- Clean up spills in sales and backroom area.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug test.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally- pushing and pulling up to 100 lbs., climbing up to 6 foot height, balancing, crouching, talking, and smelling.
- Frequently- carrying up to 50 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, and kneeling.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, manual dexterity, reaching waist/overhead level, seeing, and hearing.
- Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery or cluttered floor surface, hazardous equipment, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside store environment with controlled temperatures.
333 S Mason Road Katy, TX - 77450
066 Fiesta Katy