: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
US Citizenship Required for this Position :
Relocation Assistance :
No relocation assistance available
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Technology Services.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers to join the Technology Services Intern Program. This position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Global Exchange Service (GEX) program. The GEX department is a highly technical group of over 60 Systems and Software Engineers that support our main software product the Global Exchange Service (GEX). GEX provides data transformation, communication protocol adaptation and message brokering between multiple Department of Defense (DoD) Services and Agencies as well as commercial industry. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform software implementation based on designs provided by the team
- Perform software testing as guided by software team leaders
- Follow NG software process per guidance of software team leaders
- Perform troubleshooting of software issues on various system configurations
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019
- Be majoring in Computer Science or related Technical Degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2019
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.