General Description: Provides empathetic assistance to callers on the Problem Gambling, Suicide Prevention, and Substance Use Helplines. May be scheduled to work holidays, weekends, evening and night shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers all calls/contacts in a friendly and professional manner.
- Refers callers to appropriate resources as listed in the Resource Directory.
- Logs every call/contact taken and completes all appropriate intake forms.
- Assists in reviewing the accuracy of all intake forms.
- Prepares appropriate mail-out materials when requested.
- Enters all intake information into the computer data program.
- Completes caller surveys and other contact follow-up criteria.
- Participates in continuing education provided by LACG.
- Assists administrative staff in making copies of mail-out information, compiling intake information, mail runs, etc..
- Adheres to all LACG Helpline policies and procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of callers and contacts to all Helplines and all records, documents and clients.
- Maintains an individual ratio of Calls to Intakes within the 5 percentage points of the overall program average
- Assists maintaining a clean working area
- Enrolls in any required Helpline Specialist Certification Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily as determined by the supervisor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required, but not inclusive to all areas of job expectations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position 70% of the time.
- Must be able to maintain finger and wrist dexterity with repetitive movement.
- Must be able to analyze caller situations to determine policy based action and be able to make appropriate referrals
- Must be able to generate grammatically correct computer typed work.
- Must be able to complete essential duties and responsibilities with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions induced by caller(s) crisis’s.
- Must have the ability to read and learn policy and procedures and speak clearly and effectively to callers/contacts and/or other LACG employees.
- Must have the ability to learn computer software programs, such as, but not limited to: iCarol, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to learn to operate a photo copier including the loading of copy paper and the printing of mail out related materials
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift