Upscale 70 plus rooms hotel three weeks from IHG hotel conversion completion looking for a General Manager. Prefer candidate with IHG experience, but willing to train the right individual with 1 or more years of hotel manager experience and Opera knowledge. Must have strong revenue management experience. Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to complete all tasks of the job including but not limited to; pay roll, guest relations, staff supervision and ordering supplies, revenue.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Summary: Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff development. Responsible for all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, and budgeting/forecasting. Empowers employees to provide superior customer care to guests, associates, and other visitors.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
- Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
- Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
- Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Prepares monthly reports for owners.
- Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff.
- Coordinates internal training and development programs.
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
- Minimum of 2 years of hotel management or supervisory experience and Opera Knowledge or 1 Year IHG Management experience.
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Strong leadership and a professional image.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- General Manager: 1 year (Preferred)