Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can shine and grow? You have found the right place! UTEC 2Gen Early Education Center is looking to add exceptional talent to our program. We are looking for an EEC licensed Infant/Toddler teacher to create a warm, and loving educational classroom ,where you will lead a variety of activities within the classrooms; such as Social-Emotional Language, Sensory, Arts & Crafts, and Gross Motor.
What does the job look like?
- Open our Infant/Toddler classroom with creativity and passion
- Exhibits a warm and happy demeanor in working with individuals as well as groups of children.
- Encourage problem-solving and self-help skills in children.
- Ability to create and implement age appropriate curriculum that engages and challenges the children
- Is an active, positive team member with supervisor, other staff, volunteers and members at all times by communicating effectively.
- Ability to be flexibility and have a “put me in coach” persepective
- Understand and implement company and state policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in professional development trainings and monthly staff meetings
- Support the vision, goals, and philosophies of the organization.
- Provide regular updates on site challenges, opportunities and best practices to supervisor
- Implement special event programs for parents, teachers and school community to particpate in quarterly
- Express a desire to grow and learn in an ever-changing field
Qualifications and Competencies We are Looking For:
- EEC Infant/Toddler Certified
- Must have at least 12 months' successful experience teaching in an infant or toddler classroom
- Recommended Bachelors Degree and 30 or more college credits in ECE
- Flexibility: Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; is comfortable with gray areas; understands that the process is just as important as the end
- Perspective Taking: Comfortable working in a diverse environment and considers divergent opinions
- Coachable: Open to feedback and personal and professional improvement
- Commitment: Genuinely cares about children’s and families’ success
- Drive: Hunger to do an excellent job, a passion to own one’s work, proactively comes up with systems and solutions to make one’s work more effective
- Team Player: Upholds UTEC’s mission, values and vibe
- Persuasion: Able to motivate others to pursue a course of action and try new things
- Organized: Handles responsibilities in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Innovative: Creates innovative approaches to reach goals and ensures that the center’s curriculum is hands-on, inclusive, and fun.
- Child-Focused: Makes curricular and operational decisions with children’s interest at the center
- Family-Focused: Truly believes that guardians and parents are partners in children’s learning and demonstrates warmth, friendliness and care toward families. Direct experience working with 17-25 year olds is also highly valued.
- Sense of Humor: Ability to laugh at oneself a must!
- Competitive Pay
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 7 paid sick days
- health/dental benefits (50-85% subsidized).
Job Type: Full-time
- EEC Infant/Toddler Teacher (Required)