Generation Law, Ltd is an estate planning and elder law firm located in Elmhurst, Illinois with extensive experience navigating the twists and turns of families in crisis.
We are offering a unique opportunity for an experienced paralegal to support our attorney staff representing clients on elder law issues, guardianship matters, decedent's estates, trust administration, Medicaid applications and estate planning.
Specifically, we are seeking someone excited to:
- Preparation of Medicaid applications for long term care benefits and other administrative law matters;
- Work one on one with an attorney assisting with all aspects of docket maintenance;
- Work with clients and attorneys to prepare legal correspondence, documents for attorneys, and various court pleadings;
- E-file various court documents;
- Develop and maintain client and court files;
- Utilize existing files and research resources to develop information and understanding for pending and active cases;
- Conduct various forms of research and dictate findings;
- Prepare court files and process court orders;
- Gather financial statements and prepare yearly accountings for client files;
- Communicate directly with clients to gather and relay information;
- Prepare estate planning documents including: Wills, Powers of Attorney, Quit Claim Deeds, and HIPAA forms;
- Manage attorney’s calendar, deadlines, and files;
- Work with office support staff to assist in reception duties.
Some of the requirements of this position include:
- (1) Bachelor’s degree or (2) Associate’s degree with a Paralegal Certification;
- Experience working in a law firm;
- Clear and effective oral and written communication style;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment;
- Office administration experience;
- Willingness to learn new tasks quickly and effectively; and
- Ability to work full-time, 8:30-5:00.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off