TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST LEVEL II
We are a San Diego based company who specializes in Managed IT Services and IT consulting work for our customers. The projects that we work on can range from setting up a small office with PCs and Internet, or setting up larger company networks using variety of products.
We have clients in various states and is growing so we are in need of individuals that are motivated and quick learners that are interested in the Information Technology Field. These individuals would have a high interest for working with computers.
These individuals would also need to have self-discipline and good time management to successfully complete the daily job and duties.
The job of Technical Support Specialist Level II is done for the purpose of installing and maintaining computer hardware and software; providing maintenance and upgrading client LAN and WAN workstations; and maintenance of client servers, PBX/VoIP, and related systems and hardware.
- Act as 2nd level line of support
- End User support both remotely and occasionally onsite (up to 40%)
- Knowledge or experience in PC installation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Manage client's IT infrastructure including Microsoft and VMware infrastructure, Switches, Storage devices, Routers, Firewalls, Servers, and Workstations.
- Able to create procedures, documentation and reports.
- Able to work after hours when needed
- Candidate should have experience in IT support, must be able to work well under pressure, independently, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge or experience in router and switch installation and configuration.
- Maintain server backups, virtual server health, SAN allocations, and all Active Directory layers
- Work in close collaboration with the Level I and Network Administrator to aid in projects and provide as a backup for all network related items
- Assist end users with IT related issues when called upon
- Ability to diagnose and resolve desktop support related issues
- Accurately log, update and document IT service requests
- Ability to install and configure IT equipment as directed
- Ability to resolve incidents with desktops, laptops, printers, copiers and scanners and other hardware, software and operating systems
- Microsoft desktop and server systems, MS Exchange, Active Directory, IIS and Terminal servers.
- Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLAN, IPSEC and SSL VPN, Firewalls and Wireless networks.
- Experience with VMware Virtual infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Storage arrays
- Experience with Dell/HP/Lenovo Servers, Google Apps, and Microsoft 365 and Apple products.
Preferred Skills Desirable:
- MUST have Server knowledge (Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- MUST have Active Directory, GPO, etc
- MUST have Server Upgrade and Decommissioning experience
- Experience with backup and replication solutions- VEEAM experience a plus.
- Experience with monitoring systems- LabTech experience a plus.
- Certifications, training or comparable experience with Products from VMware, Microsoft, WatchGuard, Cisco.
- Experience working for an MSP with remote monitoring and management tools
- Experience in the design and implementation of IT solutions to fit client needs.
- Fluent English (read/write)
Associates Degree (A.A.) in a PC/networking related discipline, or minimum 7 years equivalent experience directly assembling/installing, configuring, troubleshooting PC/MacIntosh computer hardware and software configurations, including Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 OS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Mac OS 10.6 and above. CompTIA A+ certification desirable and nice to have, CompTIA Network+ certification desirable and nice to have.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Networking: 5 years (Required)
- Server Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Support: 5 years (Required)
- RMM Tools: 3 years (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Server 2008 and 2012 Migration: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technical Support Level II: 5 years (Required)