The Controller will be responsible for counseling with the CEO, COO, and the department managers to ensure the maximum gross profit retention. The Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. She/he must fairly represent the financial condition of the company, develop controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, maintain accurate records, and establish and maintain the data processing capabilities to accomplish the company’s objectives. The Controller will accomplish all objectives by supporting the values, philosophies and policies of Goright Plastics, Printing, and Logistics.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Controller will lead the finance and accounting functions for GORIGHT PPL. These functions include providing overall finance and analytical support and business partnership to the senior business leadership, including business case preparation and providing business decision support, establishing and maintaining accounting principles, policies, and procedures through coordination with other members of the operation’s management team, and responsibility for establishing and maintaining internal controls over financial reporting, including compliance with GAAP standards when appropriate.
In addition, the Controller will oversee the preparation and evaluation of budgets, forecasts, weekly revenue and profit estimates and other financial operating reports for the operation. This role is instrumental in identifying ways to increase efficiencies and expense savings using analytics, monitoring key performance indicators, cost accounting and other methods.
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing implementation of IQMS erp software (coming off of NetSuite OneWorld). Previous experience overseeing a similar implementation and/or the IQMS platform are preferable.
- Prepare a complete financial statement and submit it to the CEO by the 10th day of each month. Develop and maintain monthly scorecard and analysis for Senior Management Team
- Responsible for preparation of all reports and documentation for quarterly CPA review process
- Responsible for all day to day accounting tasks such as Bank Reconciliations, A/P, A/R
- Keep the CEO and COO informed about the trends and the cash needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain an effective cash management system.
- Prepare short and long term profit projections for the company.
- Coordinate preparation of annual forecasts for each department.
- Serve as a key business partner to the senior leadership team to assist in business decision support through the preparation of complete and accurate business cases, and forecasting results on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Administer payroll policies.
- Shop and maintain all liability insurance, including but not limited to property, general liability, and worker’s compensation.
- Automate all possible systems and establish controls.
- Responsible for all statutory, tax, manufacturers and regulatory filings and accounting.
- Key contact for external auditors and internal auditors.
- Maintain day to day banking and vendor relationships including reviewing contracts and billings.
- Ensures that all key accounting processes are documented, and that all significant financial statement risks are identified and key controls are established and effective to ensure key risks are prevented and/or detected in a timely manner. This includes ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures and GAAP.
- Oversee Cost accounting, variance analysis, working with BOM’s and inventory
- Management of COGS analysis from a costing and ERP application
- Maintain Fixed Asset Depreciation schedules and manage CIP to ensure is properly expensed
- Maintain reporting and adherence to loan covenants with financial institution
- Manage and reconcile all inventory counts to system inventory amounts
- Maintain accuracy for Department Expense Allocations for the various areas: Rent/ payroll/ utilities and other expenses as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Minimum requirements to perform the key responsibilities of this position, work experience, education and other knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
- Excellent communication skills. Professional personal appearance
- Strong strategic, financial and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and track and meet deadlines
- Experience leading change and inspiring teams with an exciting future vision
- Possessing the vision, drive and determination to succeed
- Flexible approach to working
- Pleasant and patient customer oriented attitude
- Focused and professional attitude
- Strong articulation of positions and ideas, but a willingness to enact consensus decisions
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Accounting degree or commensurate experience
- ERP software implementation
- IQMS software experience preferred
- MBA or CPA preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work primarily in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be prone to sitting for lengthy periods of time and to frequently stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee may occasionally bend, twist, stoop, reach, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Compensation commensurate with candidate’s level of experience and market constraints.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year