Orange County, Florida is home to a diverse population of over 1,000,000 residents spanning approximately 1,000 square miles. Beautiful year round mild weather, sunshine, world famous attractions, community and cultural events, plenty of outdoor activities, and miles of nearby beaches help make Orange County a great place to live and work.
Does this sound like somewhere you would love to live and work? Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Orange County is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity. We are seeking a motivated, high energy, self-starter to serve in the role of Caseworker. Performs responsible casework by providing assistance in determining eligibility of clients for financial assistance, inpatient medical services, Head Start services or assisting in obtaining and providing case management services to clients. Provides information and referral services, general assistance, telephone assessment, direct client assessment, assisting in making appointments and home visits. This position may be responsible for providing services directly to clients.
Work is directed or supervised by a Program Manager, Community Services Worker, Senior Community Services Worker, Counselor, or other designated supervisory position and is reviewed through observations, conferences, and results achieved.
The Youth and Family Services Division provides a safety net for children and families in crisis in Orange County. Our services include youth shelter, family counseling, foster care group homes, parent education, family stabilization services and mental health counseling for youth.
- Screens placement requests for eligibility, makes proper disposition or referral of cases on the basis of eligibility.
- Attends periodic staff conferences, case reviews, stabilization staffing’s, and court proceeding; confers with superiors on difficult assignments, prepares reports and correspondence on assigned cases, and maintains related status records.
- Screens and assesses clients to address service need, and assists community partners in scheduling appropriate appointments for these clients.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and assesses client’s needs for referral to appropriate agencies and arranges appointments.
- Acts as liaison for youth with partners, contractors and other stakeholders and service providers.
- Maintains and updates client files in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures.
- Assists in obtaining information and records for client files.
- Provides program services directly to clients.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associate’s degree or 60 hours of college credit and two years of human services experience.
Required to possess and maintain the appropriate Florida Driver’s License and provide own vehicle for job related duties.
Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in word processing, preferably Microsoft Word, and email applications.
Experience working in a residential setting.
Experience working with at risk children and families
Case management experience.
Hours per week:
Hours/Days of Work:
10:00pm - 6:00am / Tuesday - Saturday
The selected applicant must submit to a background investigation that includes but is not limited to fingerprinting and polygraph examination. Any background screening cost is the responsibility of the selected applicant and favorable results must be obtained for employment.
This is a grant funded position and continued employment is based on the availability of funding. Loss or reduction of the grant funds may result in elimination of this position.
July 02, 2018
July 16, 2018
May close without prior notice
$ 13.94 per hour
Orange County Youth Shelter
1800 E. Michigan Street
Orlando, FL 32806
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.