Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and trusts and estates. Our more than 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including a third of the Fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
The Paralegal is responsible for providing paralegal support and assistance to supervising attorneys and senior paralegals in all aspects of structured finance transactions. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client billable hour requirement: 1,700 hours annually (142 client billable hours average per month).
- Assist in preparing SEC filings for public and private offerings of mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities.
- Support the coordination and preparation of offering documents, registration statements and principal transaction documents (i.e. pooling and servicing agreements, sale and servicing agreements, indentures, loan agreements, credit agreements, security agreements and trust agreements) for structured finance transactions. .
- Assist in drafting and proofreading of consents, resolutions, opinion letters, formation documents, by-laws, secretary's certificates and closing certificates.
- Prepare UCC financing statements and releases.
- Perform file organization and maintenance.
- Maintain up-to-date time reports to ensure accurate client billing.
- Assist attorneys with research, billing, and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and one or more years related experience preferably in a law firm environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Legal research knowledge are required. Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited paralegal program a plus.
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Westlaw, Internet research, Excel, Outlook, Vizio and MS Word preferred. Familiarity of Securities and Exchange Acts of 1933 and 1934 highly desired.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to analyze and research structured finance transactional data, process information, and perform essential duties.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, adapt to changes in workflow, and ensure work is completed within defined deadlines. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to interpret source data, prepare corporate securities documents and forms, proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors, and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, and verifying numerical data on forms and documents.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation and copies, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Work often requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time