Colorado School of Mines invites applications for a SQL Server DBA in the Department of Computing, Communications, and Information Technologies (CCIT).
Description of Job
This position creates, maintains and documents SQL Server databases for development, test, and production environments. Ensures backups, data recovery, data integrity, and space requirements for databases are met through monitoring of procedures and standards relating to database management.
This position also supports application servers and load balancers along with the applications hosted on these servers including, but not limited to, lock system, badging, Recreation Center, and Student Housing. This position works closely with functional teams as they implement new applications in addition to coordinating and installing upgrades and patches in development, test, and production for existing applications. The SQL Server DBA will develop and meet client production schedules as determined by the governing structure and work in a fast paced environment.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in computer science or a field closely related to computer science. Individuals without a degree may be considered if they demonstrate possession of substantially the same knowledge level as found in a degree, but have attained the advanced knowledge through a combination of work experience and intellectual instruction.
- Current professional SQL Server DBA experience which included acting as a lead DBA on large application projects
- Experience must include MS SQL Server 2014; ANSI SQL; database object development such as tables, views, indexes, triggers and stored procedures; and Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose/resolve technical problems independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical staff as well as non-technical users both verbally and in writing
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment and to work cooperatively with others
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and complete tasks on schedule
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mines.edu/cw/en-us/job/493166/sql-server-dba for the complete job announcement and instructions on how to apply online.