West Coast U.S.A.
The Service Technician (West Coast) is responsible for the maintenance of (DR)UPS systems on sites. The Service Technician (West Coast) has an electrical and/or mechanical background and can perform troubleshooting.
- You will perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual preventive maintenance on sites. This involves mechanical and electrical preventive tasks such as re-greasing bearings, changing filters and Hydraulic oil for free wheel clutches, replacing and adjusting carbon brushes, replacing electrical components such as relays and sensors when required.
- Additionally, during the annual preventive maintenance a complete inspection of the control panels is performed.
- You will compel site check lists and reports, additionally it is your responsibility to fill out the “Field Service Report”. Also, supervision of outside diesel service technicians is required during the annual maintenance.
- The Service Technician (West Coast) is responsible to perform troubleshooting tasks of the equipment for both electrical and mechanical components with the help of the HITEC Application Engineer.
- You are responsible for disconnecting, reconnecting and performing alignment of major components such as generators, induction couplings and free wheel clutches when replacement is needed. In addition vibration measurements will be taken during most of the regular visits or when components are replaced. Checking and recording events with laptop computer is required in some cases.
- This job requires extensive traveling and availability 24-7-365 on short notice with waiting time between calls. An area of sites will be assigned; however, travel in the US may be required to help other regions. In rare cases this may include Mexican, Canadian, territories and South America or other foreign countries.
- Responsible to communicate, on site, with customers with a professional attitude, presentation and rapport. This may involve the confirmation of arrival time on site and status of the equipment.
- HITEC emphasizes and demands the mental and physical attitude of first class service. The HITEC equipment is always in a critical application mode 24-7-365 and customers request first class service by first class professional technicians.
Required Skills and Profile
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance and service field
- Willingness to learn and travel when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with computer (laptop) basic operation
- Ability to project professional service attitude
- Willingness to work long hours when required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
Are you positive that you fulfill our requirements and are you looking for a new challenge? Apply now!
We guarantee a good, open minded and tolerate work environment. We are striving for a pleasant and fulfilling collaboration between customers, colleagues and the organization.
For more information about our product: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3kXq5ITpmA
For more information about our company: www.hitec-ups.com
Job Type: Full-time