Did you ever feel as if you wanted your work life to be more meaningful, where you knew that each day you were making a difference in the lives of others, making your human imprint in your community? Find yourself in a career for non-profit Hospice, where each day you are working for something that matters to the hearts of those who are facing a terminal illness and comfort for the bereaved, Kansas City Hospice might just be the home you have been searching for. Join our team who are making a difference, not just in Healthcare, but in right here in the heart of our community!
*We an opening for an RN Case Manager for our Kansas Home Hospice Team, located in North Kansas City. This RN CM is needed to cover some homes, but mostly facilities in Excelsior Springs and the Lexington areas of North KC.
At Kansas City Hospice, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package.
Essential Functions :
- Responsible for the management and coordination of care to include both the patient and family.
- Completes initial assessment of physical, emotional, spiritual and mental status.
- Prepares, implements and coordinates the plan of care in cooperation with the interdisciplinary team.
- Updates the interdisciplinary team at patient care conferences.
- Provides direct nursing care to patients maintaining the highest level of care for the patient under the direction of the primary care physician.
- Documents patient information into the computer system in accordance with current policy.
- Updates primary care physician when necessary and regularly on a monthly basis.
- Provides teaching to family members, hired caregivers, and nursing home personnel on end of life care.
- Performs supervisory visits on LPN’s and Hospice Aides on a routine basis in accordance with policy.
- Mentors new employees and students as needed.
- Develops positive and effective relationships with physicians, nurse practitioners, referral sources, nursing homes, insurance case managers, patients, families and co-workers.
- Participates in on-call duties to include evenings, nights and/or weekends to ensure 24 hour coverage of patient care.
- Participates in staffing for in-home continuous care as needed.
- Assists with admissions when needed.
- Orders durable medical equipment as needed for patient safety and comfort.
- Uses resources efficiently and prudently (medical and office supplies, cell phones, computers)
- Schedules or manages his/her time effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Licenses and Experience :
- Current Kansas and Missouri RN license.
- Minimum of one year experience in caring for actively dying patients preferred.
- Home Health or Hospice experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Licensed drivers with reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- CPR certification required.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills are required.
We offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, by using a dedicated department who works specifically on weekends, reducing our weekend call schedule.
For more information or to see a complete listing of our open positions, visit us at https://www.kchospice.org
Job Type: Full-time
- home health, acute care or hospice: 1 year
- Current RN License in KS and MO