Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Weekdays with Occasional Weekends
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Perform as a self-directional work team member committed to the common goal and purpose of providing assistance to the anesthesia providers throughout the operating room and alternate sites throughout the hospital. Conduct the day-to-day business of assisting with anesthesia equipment and supplies. Must be available to the anesthesia providers to contribute to the positive outcomes of patients, ensuring safety and working within their scope of practice in accordance with approved policies, procedures, and protocols.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work Duties: Anesthesia Technician
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards, and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Stocks Anesthesiologist/CRNA carts, workroom and operating rooms within expected time lines established by the manager/team leader. Properly prepares I.V. set-ups daily within established time frames. Checks equipment for completeness and working status daily
- Provides turnover of supplies and equipment for Anesthesiologist/CRNA between operative procedures within five to ten minutes. Inspect and properly assembles the line cart daily. Cleans and disinfects equipment daily according to policies and infection control guidelines.
- Coaches, teaches and mentors others to continuously increase competence of the team by holding each team member accountable for their actions, behaviors, and work productivity. Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner. Patient and staff safety are a priority in all areas of planning and decision-making and this is exhibited through following established approved policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Communicates effectively with the physician, members of the multidisciplinary team, patient and family members using appropriate verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by MD, patient, and customer feedback surveys. Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy; as evidenced by adhering to HIPPA guidelines. Organize job functions and work assignments to be able to effectively complete assignments within established time frames. Demonstrate knowledge of all equipment and systems/technology necessary to complete duties as evidenced by attending in-services on equipment/systems/technology as provided and needed.
- Functions as part of an interdisciplinary team. Collaborates with team members to ensure patient's well-being and promote optimum patient outcomes Assumes responsibility for acquiring information that is essential to the successful performance of duties and responsibilities Assumes responsibility for adherence to personal appearance, dress and grooming standards, always portraying a professional appearance.
Qualifications & Experience
* High School or Equivalent
Certifications Preferred: Certification in Anesthesia Technology, Anesthesia Technician