- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of and passion for fashion
- Knowledge of Amazon systems, organization and processes
- Strong self-starter, confident to operate autonomously with remote reporting line
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in international markets and managing global stakeholders
- Experience managing global supply chains (planning, forecasting, operations)
- Ability to work to tight and pressured deadlines and handle unexpected events calmly
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams with competing priorities
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
The Amazon Softlines Private Brands team is creating a global portfolio of Fashion brands targeted at a wide variety of different market segments. Some of these brands have been originated in the US and some have been originated in EU. The development of these brands is very nascent, and our plan to globalize is a completely new program to Amazon - this is a rare opportunity to create a totally new programme and help us build a global business.
We are seeking a highly motivated SPM Globalisation with a healthy obsession about the rapidly evolving world of online fashion, international markets, launching brands, and operations to join our team and help us deliver global fashion brands that our customers will love and trust. You will be responsible for ensuring all product is globally compliant (within economic limits), developing and implementing launch plans for the different brands in the different locales, and establishing scalable processes and systems to allow us to forecast demand, manage buying and inventory. The candidate will have a passion for inventing, a process focus, and an ability to work cross borders and cross functions to internalize the long-term vision to design a path of continuous improvement and growth.
You are passionate about building and delivering new fashion brands that delight our customers. You have experience launching new programs. You are excited about global expansion, and have experience coordinating diverse sets of stakeholders over large geographic distances and various communication styles to drive growth for your business. You have an understanding of operations and passion for efficiency and continuous improvement. You have a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, and you insist on the highest standards. You are an independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and have a strong entrepreneurial drive. You excel at communication and are comfortable with playing a lead role in a highly visible organization.
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
The primary responsibilities of the SPM Globalisation include:
- Launching new brands with tailored launch plans in each locale, working closely with global brand owner
- Managing forecasting & buying for the global brands
- Managing the P&L of the globally launched brands and ensuring financial delivery
- Developing a thorough understanding of the different marketplace dynamics, seasonality, global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts.
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, legal, tax, product compliance, social accountability, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and global suppliers to deliver on brand equity, and customer satisfaction.
- Driving projects to automate and scale our ability to globalize brands
- Proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Spanish and/or French speaker
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.