Spectrum Brands – Pet, Home & Garden, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a leading supplier of well-recognized consumer products globally for the pet supply markets, and nationally for the home, lawn and garden insect and weed control markets. The company delivers innovative products of outstanding quality for the pet owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles. The company also delivers groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality, so consumers benefit from insect and weed control solutions. The Home & Garden brands — Spectracide®, Garden Safe®, Hot Shot®, Cutter®, Repel®, Black Flag® and Liquid Fence® — and the Pet Brands — Tetra®, Instant Ocean®, Marineland®, 8-in-1®, Dingo®, FURminator®, Nature’s Miracle®, GloFish®, DreamBone® and SmartBones® — are well-recognized by consumers for delivering exceptional value and trusted results.
The role will scope, develop, manage, and execute supply chain processes, focused on managing inventory efficiencies, forecasting accuracy, chargeback mitigation, prep/GTIN (global trade item number) updates, and ASN (advanced shipping notice) harmonization within Ecommerce retailers while sharing best practices across all customer teams. This role will collaborate with the project managers and external customer teams to successfully launch our strategic initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain ecommerce OTIF (on-time and in-full), fulfillment and fill rate, and in-stock goals
Identify optimal goals for the key metrics, then develop and execute tactics/processes to achieve these goals.
- Identify and reduce ecommerce forecasting gaps
Develop, measure, and improve the forecasting within ecommerce utilizing multiple inputs, such as price tracking, substitute OOS (out of stock), and competitive item influence.
- Own the management of key initiatives, such as minimizing chargebacks, developing prep deployment, and owning GTIN/ASN work streams
Deploy a process to improve chargeback ratios, enabling improved profitability; ensure prep evaluation, GTIN updates, and ASN processes deliver best in class metrics.
- Communicate the Ecommerce supply chain results
Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates across key Ecommerce retailers which includes tracking for supply chain metrics as well as strategic project updates.
- Collaborate with project managers and external customer teams to launch supply chain strategies
Provide insight into key projects, including Drop Ship, FBA, direct import, and FFP/SIOC, sharing opportunities that reduce costs, expedite shipping, and position Spectrum as the partner of choice with key retailers.
- Partner with customer teams to reduce supply chain costs
Collaborate with all customer teams to reduce chargebacks, reduce damages, and analyze freight spend to remove costs from the ecosystem.
- Continually identify pilots to test with our retail partners
Co-develop press releases and “think big” projects with ecommerce retailers to identify opportunities to pilot cost reducing and/or expedited shipping strategies.
- Share best practices across teams and divisions
Collaborate with our teams and divisions to leverage our scale and limit duplication of efforts.
- Assist in transitioning customers from brick and mortar focus to Omni-Channel focus:
Share best practices across customers to expedite and amplify cost savings.
Education and Experience Profile
An equivalent combination of:
- BS degree in Logistics Management, Finance, Economics, or Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 3 - 5 years of experience in one of several fields: Ecommerce Supply Chain and Logistics, Ecommerce Consulting, Engineering, or D2C role at leading CPG/Ecommerce company
- The ability to quickly learn the internal and external systems and playbook is necessary; Prior experience with Spectrum Brands is a plus
- Prior experience with Amazon, Chewy, Ecommerce Supply Chain, Vendor Central, senior level presentations, and brick and mortar supply chain/logistics management is preferred
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Data-driven strategies
- Consumer-centric vision
- Strong presentation skills
- Adaptive approach
- Detail oriented
Innovative thought leadership
Working conditions are normal for a flex-office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.