Wheels of CT, Inc. is searching for a Retail Auditor to join our Accounting team. Principally located in Milford, Connecticut, Wheels operates more than 25 premium-quality convenience stores across the state. We look forward to hiring a Retail Auditor who will share our passion for excellence, and who will help us to continue to grow our business and our brand.
Job Title: Retail Auditor
Reports To: VP Finance
The Retail Auditor will be based out of the main office but will travel to locations to oversee and participate in the retail audits. This position will have constant communication with the Sales Audit and Operations departments to maintain a smooth and consistent audit process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for running Retail Audits
· Work with RGIS inventory company to make sure audits run smoothly; check details of audit and verify correct counts
· Communicate with inventory company regarding issues, audits, etc.
· Heavy communication with management and internal departments regarding audits and their results
· Follow through on the Retail Audit Action Plans
· Responsible for all cash audits at each location
· Work with Accounting Department to review variations
· Gather audit result reports
· Research and rectify RMA discrepancies with major suppliers
· Manage shared audit calendar and schedule audits
· Traversing office, retail store, and other necessary environments
· Traveling to multiple retail locations via automobile
· Operating computer systems, including common office applications and specialty software
· Communication both in-person and via telephonic technology or electronic applications
· Lifting and moving up to 25 pounds
· Requires minimum of 2 years of experience in retail environment or related field
· Must possess through understanding of retail audits
· Demonstrated aptitude for producing timely reports and managing multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Must possess valid driver’s license.
· Experience in the Convenience Store industry
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of experience in the retail industry.
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
This Job Is: